Friday, June 19, 2009

Change

I'm resistant to change at the best of times.

I am not adventurous.

And I DO NOT like surprises. Good or bad.

Thus, while I am QUITE aware that this specific change is for the best and a much needed improvement, I still cannot quite accept it.

Last night I attended my old high school's 125th year anniversary. While it was fun seeing old teachers and friends and reminiscing, I was not too pleased about the unveiling of the new uniform. They didn't even give us time to process and accept these changes - no no no - straight away we were hit with this massive surprise with the orchestra girls prancing around in their very un-dishcloth like ensembles :(.

I'm not a sadist, but it's only FAIR that my daughters and the rest of the girls who'll attend Wynberg be treated to the same levels of discomfort and shame the rest of us endured.

My friend Tara made a very valid point - regardless of the uniform, we will MAKE our daughters walk around in the stiffly starched dresses of our time. Not this stylish, flattering vibe they seem to be going for these days. Oh NO. (Waves finger in the air in a "you better save that drama for your mama" sort of fashion)


Long live the dishcloth!




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an outrage! using innocent nerdy orchestra members to parade fashionable uniforms! whats next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and well done on the use of the orchestra girls and ensemble. nice little play on words there.

    ReplyDelete